Saturday 14 May 2011

Day 30 - 21k - Samos - The Slackers

Got up at 6.15 and had breakfast in the Albergue. Gaby is very chirpy once she has a coffee in the mornings. Headed off into a very heavy fog as the Albergue was at a decent height on the mountain. The fog cleared after an hour walking. The Galician region is beautiful and similar to Ireland. We took the longer of 2 routes on the Camino through a lovely wood to a town called Samos where we are stopping for the night. This is one of the nicest towns on the Camino.

We had lunch when we arrived and I enjoyed myself so much that I was heading off without paying. I might go back there for a drink later so the owner knows I wasn't trying to do a runner. We are about 12ks from Sarria which is just over 100 Kms from Santiago. I was thinking that if I got to Sarria tonight I would hit Santiago by Wed which would leave me enough time to walk another 3 days to Finistere on the coast. It is 86 Kms from Santiago and was known as the 'end of the earth'.
You can get a Camino certificate if you only start from Sarria. Those people that start the Camino in another country sometimes look down on those slackers that only walk the last 100 Kms but I wouldn't even dream of such a thing.
Staying in a nice place here that has free wi-fi. No rain again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment