Thursday 21 April 2011

Day 8 - 20km - Los Arcos

Went out for a meal last night and met the three chaps fram Carlow. Today is their last day walking, they head for Bilbao tomorrow and will have a rest day as they fly out on Saturday. I told them I´d catch up with them in Aldi´s in Carlow in a few weeks. Given their "rest day" is Good Friday it might be quiet for them. Left Estrella before 7am this morning. Walked through some beautiful and fertile countryside. Wheat, wine, olives and asparagus all being produced in this region. It was all reasonably flat but I´m still knackered. Arrived in the Casa del Austria albergue. Lucky that there were a few beds left because I took it handy today. They serve Franciskaner wheat beer here which makes this place the best albergue by a mile so far. All I need now is someone to tell me that they serve Apfelstrudel by the slab and I´m as  right as rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment