Friday 29 April 2011

Day 15 - 23k - Burgos

Had my first paella in Spain for dinner which was very good. Nicked into the pub next door to watch the match. Dani Alves should get an Oscar for his performance. Left after the sending-off as I thought I would get locked out of the Albergue after 10pm. Missed Messi's goals. Had an early start with breakfast. The walk into Burgos was brutal and mainly industrial. The old city of Burgos is beautiful so I am going to have to restrain myself today by not walking every square inch of it on our day off. Have walked now for 14 days on the trot and have a few spare days left for contingencies. Met a few of the other pilgrims last night for tapas and a couple of beers. Most of them are a day ahead of us. It's not as crowded now on the Camino with Easter finished. I'm listening to a good book on Cicero called Imperium written by Robert Harris. He also wrote that book The Ghost Writer that Polanski made into a half-decent film.

No comments:

Post a Comment